Home » News » Public Safety
Sandown firefighters quickly knock down fire
Tapley said the fire started in a chimney of the home at 630 Main St. about 4 a.m. Thursday. He said a second alarm was called, but was cancelled because firefighters were able to quickly knock the blaze down, thanks partly to new smoke detectors and the homeowners closing the door to the room.
"That kept it at bay and it didn't get the whole house," Tapley said. "It was an excellent stop for four in the morning."
Tapley said the house suffered smoke damage throughout but is salvageable. He said the two residents, along with two dogs, escaped unharmed and were being assisted by the American Red Cross.
One firefighter was injured when he slipped and hurt his back, Tapley said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate