Home » News » Public Safety
Sandown firefighters quickly knock down fire
Tapley said the fire started in a chimney of the home at 630 Main St. about 4 a.m. Thursday. He said a second alarm was called, but was cancelled because firefighters were able to quickly knock the blaze down, thanks partly to new smoke detectors and the homeowners closing the door to the room.
"That kept it at bay and it didn't get the whole house," Tapley said. "It was an excellent stop for four in the morning."
Tapley said the house suffered smoke damage throughout but is salvageable. He said the two residents, along with two dogs, escaped unharmed and were being assisted by the American Red Cross.
One firefighter was injured when he slipped and hurt his back, Tapley said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
- Weare residents turn out to express police department concerns - 1
- Tamworth man struck, killed by UPS truck - 0
- Two boys rescued from Hood Pond - 1
- Woman killed in Nashua crash - 0
- Wednesday night Derry blaze under investigation - 0
- Gunfire from police range disturbs Plaistow neighbors - 1
- Cause of Ashland fire investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 2
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH