Home » News » Public Safety
Northfield fire damages home
Upon arrival, first responders reported smoke showing from the eves and fire on the first floor, according to Tilton-Northfield Fire Chief Bradley Ober.
Crews found the fire was burning in the basement.
The fire was quickly knocked down, Ober said, and was kept from spreading through the home.
The fire was discovered by one of the homeowner's children after he got home from school.
"He did an excellent job keeping the door shut and calling 911 immediately and not entering the home" Ober said. "Damage was limited due to his actions."
The fire was caused by a problem with a wood stove.
Ober said homeowners need to be sure their wood stoves are working correctly.
"It's extremely important to ensure wood stoves and other heating appliances are installed and operated properly," he said.
Tilton-Northfield firefighters and EMS were aided by the Franklin Fire Department and Northfield police assisted at the scene. Belmont and Sanbornton fire departments provided station coverage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 10
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 3
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 8
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too