Home » News » Public Safety
Northfield fire damages home
Upon arrival, first responders reported smoke showing from the eves and fire on the first floor, according to Tilton-Northfield Fire Chief Bradley Ober.
Crews found the fire was burning in the basement.
The fire was quickly knocked down, Ober said, and was kept from spreading through the home.
The fire was discovered by one of the homeowner's children after he got home from school.
"He did an excellent job keeping the door shut and calling 911 immediately and not entering the home" Ober said. "Damage was limited due to his actions."
The fire was caused by a problem with a wood stove.
Ober said homeowners need to be sure their wood stoves are working correctly.
"It's extremely important to ensure wood stoves and other heating appliances are installed and operated properly," he said.
Tilton-Northfield firefighters and EMS were aided by the Franklin Fire Department and Northfield police assisted at the scene. Belmont and Sanbornton fire departments provided station coverage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 5
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072