Home » News » Public Safety
Northfield fire damages home
Upon arrival, first responders reported smoke showing from the eves and fire on the first floor, according to Tilton-Northfield Fire Chief Bradley Ober.
Crews found the fire was burning in the basement.
The fire was quickly knocked down, Ober said, and was kept from spreading through the home.
The fire was discovered by one of the homeowner's children after he got home from school.
"He did an excellent job keeping the door shut and calling 911 immediately and not entering the home" Ober said. "Damage was limited due to his actions."
The fire was caused by a problem with a wood stove.
Ober said homeowners need to be sure their wood stoves are working correctly.
"It's extremely important to ensure wood stoves and other heating appliances are installed and operated properly," he said.
Tilton-Northfield firefighters and EMS were aided by the Franklin Fire Department and Northfield police assisted at the scene. Belmont and Sanbornton fire departments provided station coverage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 1
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 4
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 0
- Goffstown CIP committee wraps up for year, sends work to planning board - 0
- Holloman’s fotball career is over in Dallas due to injury - 0
- Tringale in contention at The Barclays - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
Historic Merrimack bridge to be replaced
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m