Wolfeboro public works garage fire ruled accidental
WOLFEBORO - The Jan. 29 fire that destroyed an expensive town snowplow truck and damaged the town's public works garage started accidentally in the trucks' electrical wiring, according to the results of an investigation by investigator Tom Riley of the state Fire Marshal's office.
The plow truck, valued at $160,000, was parked in the DPW garage on Pine Hill Road after it had been on the road the prior evening. A worker reported the fire after seeing smoke billowing from the room shortly after 1 p.m. No one was injured in the fire, but equipment including the plow truck and a sidewalk plow and other tools were destroyed.
The garage sustained serious damage to several bays and the roof.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.