Wolfeboro public works garage fire ruled accidental
February 13. 2013 11:00PM
WOLFEBORO - The Jan. 29 fire that destroyed an expensive town snowplow truck and damaged the town's public works garage started accidentally in the trucks' electrical wiring, according to the results of an investigation by investigator Tom Riley of the state Fire Marshal's office.
The plow truck, valued at $160,000, was parked in the DPW garage on Pine Hill Road after it had been on the road the prior evening. A worker reported the fire after seeing smoke billowing from the room shortly after 1 p.m. No one was injured in the fire, but equipment including the plow truck and a sidewalk plow and other tools were destroyed.
The garage sustained serious damage to several bays and the roof.