action:frontpage | category:NEWS07 | adString:N/A | zoneID:17
All Sections
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67
Welcome guest, you have 2 views left. | Register | Sign In


Wolfeboro public works garage fire ruled accidental


WOLFEBORO - The Jan. 29 fire that destroyed an expensive town snowplow truck and damaged the town's public works garage started accidentally in the trucks' electrical wiring, according to the results of an investigation by investigator Tom Riley of the state Fire Marshal's office.

The plow truck, valued at $160,000, was parked in the DPW garage on Pine Hill Road after it had been on the road the prior evening. A worker reported the fire after seeing smoke billowing from the room shortly after 1 p.m. No one was injured in the fire, but equipment including the plow truck and a sidewalk plow and other tools were destroyed.

The garage sustained serious damage to several bays and the roof.

action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:88
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:64
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:2
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:

        

FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety


NH Angle - Public Safety