Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Purcell, Guidi lift Rivier women's basketball team
Colby-Sawyer 82, Green Mountain 27: In New London, Taylor DeSanty scored 28 points as the Chargers improved to 20-4 overall and remained perfect in NAC play at 17-0.
The Chargers also tied a program record with the 2005-06 team for longest win streak at 17 games.
Colby Sawyer 69, Green Mountain 56: In New London, Colby-Sawyer improved to 12-5 in the NAC and pulls even overall at 12-12. The Chargers received 15 points from sophomore Mike Dias and freshman Jake Maynard. Wol Majong of Manchester and Peter Donato each added nine points apiece.
Plymouth State 3, Worcester State 2 (OT): In Plymouth, Josh Woody scored two goals, including the game-winner 4:10 into overtime. The win clinches a second consecutive MASCAC regular season championship for Plymouth State, and guarantees the Panthers the No. 1 seed and home-ice advantage in the upcoming MASCAC Tournament. PSU won its third straight outing to improve to 17-6-0 overall and 13-3-0 in conference games.
Franklin Pierce College 3, SNHU 2: In Hooksett Thursday, defenseman Andrew Dadds and forward Dino Federico scored 42 seconds apart in the final 3:29 of the third period to push the Ravens to the win. It was the eighth season win for Franklin Pierce (8-10-3), tying the program record. SNHU fell to 7-14-2.
Daniel Webster 3, Mount Ida 1: In Nashua, Joel Hendrix knocked down 17 kills and added a match-high five service aces and seven digs. Joe Walz added nine kills in the win.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NCAA Baseball: Penmen win again - 0
- College Baseball: Mathieu, FPU cruise in NCAAs - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU rolls in NCAA opener - 0
- College Baseball: DWC stays alive in NCAAs - 0
- Penmen set sights on return to NCAA Div. II World Series - 0
- Daniel Webster nine loses NCAA test - 0
- NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today - 0
- Franklin Pierce University plays in regional opener; SNHU has night game - 0
- College Baseball: KSC nine ousted - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?