Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Purcell, Guidi lift Rivier women's basketball team
Colby-Sawyer 82, Green Mountain 27: In New London, Taylor DeSanty scored 28 points as the Chargers improved to 20-4 overall and remained perfect in NAC play at 17-0.
The Chargers also tied a program record with the 2005-06 team for longest win streak at 17 games.
Colby Sawyer 69, Green Mountain 56: In New London, Colby-Sawyer improved to 12-5 in the NAC and pulls even overall at 12-12. The Chargers received 15 points from sophomore Mike Dias and freshman Jake Maynard. Wol Majong of Manchester and Peter Donato each added nine points apiece.
Plymouth State 3, Worcester State 2 (OT): In Plymouth, Josh Woody scored two goals, including the game-winner 4:10 into overtime. The win clinches a second consecutive MASCAC regular season championship for Plymouth State, and guarantees the Panthers the No. 1 seed and home-ice advantage in the upcoming MASCAC Tournament. PSU won its third straight outing to improve to 17-6-0 overall and 13-3-0 in conference games.
Franklin Pierce College 3, SNHU 2: In Hooksett Thursday, defenseman Andrew Dadds and forward Dino Federico scored 42 seconds apart in the final 3:29 of the third period to push the Ravens to the win. It was the eighth season win for Franklin Pierce (8-10-3), tying the program record. SNHU fell to 7-14-2.
Daniel Webster 3, Mount Ida 1: In Nashua, Joel Hendrix knocked down 17 kills and added a match-high five service aces and seven digs. Joe Walz added nine kills in the win.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Missing the point: The IRS scandal and state power - 12
- Helping panhandlers: A method worth trying in Manchester - 7
- For the people: A century of the NH primary - 0
- What innovation? The casino way is the lazy way - 10
- Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name - 4
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 15
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 34
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 5
- Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 3
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 11
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs