Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Purcell, Guidi lift Rivier women's basketball team
Colby-Sawyer 82, Green Mountain 27: In New London, Taylor DeSanty scored 28 points as the Chargers improved to 20-4 overall and remained perfect in NAC play at 17-0.
The Chargers also tied a program record with the 2005-06 team for longest win streak at 17 games.
Colby Sawyer 69, Green Mountain 56: In New London, Colby-Sawyer improved to 12-5 in the NAC and pulls even overall at 12-12. The Chargers received 15 points from sophomore Mike Dias and freshman Jake Maynard. Wol Majong of Manchester and Peter Donato each added nine points apiece.
Plymouth State 3, Worcester State 2 (OT): In Plymouth, Josh Woody scored two goals, including the game-winner 4:10 into overtime. The win clinches a second consecutive MASCAC regular season championship for Plymouth State, and guarantees the Panthers the No. 1 seed and home-ice advantage in the upcoming MASCAC Tournament. PSU won its third straight outing to improve to 17-6-0 overall and 13-3-0 in conference games.
Franklin Pierce College 3, SNHU 2: In Hooksett Thursday, defenseman Andrew Dadds and forward Dino Federico scored 42 seconds apart in the final 3:29 of the third period to push the Ravens to the win. It was the eighth season win for Franklin Pierce (8-10-3), tying the program record. SNHU fell to 7-14-2.
Daniel Webster 3, Mount Ida 1: In Nashua, Joel Hendrix knocked down 17 kills and added a match-high five service aces and seven digs. Joe Walz added nine kills in the win.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Suit: Claremont's North Country Smokehouse claims $606,011 spent on diamond, SUV, more - 9
- Winnipesaukee watershed association looking to raise its profile - 0
- New Ipswich cemetery’s future is anybody guess after state objects to graves - 1
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 3
- Updated: Winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla.; 2, $1M tickets sold in NH - 0
- No more Winni whoppers: Fishing Derby winner will have to take lie detector test - 11
- Learning the way of the gun in Wakefield - 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 16
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands