Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Purcell, Guidi lift Rivier women's basketball team
Colby-Sawyer 82, Green Mountain 27: In New London, Taylor DeSanty scored 28 points as the Chargers improved to 20-4 overall and remained perfect in NAC play at 17-0.
The Chargers also tied a program record with the 2005-06 team for longest win streak at 17 games.
Colby Sawyer 69, Green Mountain 56: In New London, Colby-Sawyer improved to 12-5 in the NAC and pulls even overall at 12-12. The Chargers received 15 points from sophomore Mike Dias and freshman Jake Maynard. Wol Majong of Manchester and Peter Donato each added nine points apiece.
Plymouth State 3, Worcester State 2 (OT): In Plymouth, Josh Woody scored two goals, including the game-winner 4:10 into overtime. The win clinches a second consecutive MASCAC regular season championship for Plymouth State, and guarantees the Panthers the No. 1 seed and home-ice advantage in the upcoming MASCAC Tournament. PSU won its third straight outing to improve to 17-6-0 overall and 13-3-0 in conference games.
Franklin Pierce College 3, SNHU 2: In Hooksett Thursday, defenseman Andrew Dadds and forward Dino Federico scored 42 seconds apart in the final 3:29 of the third period to push the Ravens to the win. It was the eighth season win for Franklin Pierce (8-10-3), tying the program record. SNHU fell to 7-14-2.
Daniel Webster 3, Mount Ida 1: In Nashua, Joel Hendrix knocked down 17 kills and added a match-high five service aces and seven digs. Joe Walz added nine kills in the win.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 8
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 1
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 0
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 0
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 0
- Feds and state probe suspended county attorney's handling of funds - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false