Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Purcell, Guidi lift Rivier women's basketball team
Colby-Sawyer 82, Green Mountain 27: In New London, Taylor DeSanty scored 28 points as the Chargers improved to 20-4 overall and remained perfect in NAC play at 17-0.
The Chargers also tied a program record with the 2005-06 team for longest win streak at 17 games.
Colby Sawyer 69, Green Mountain 56: In New London, Colby-Sawyer improved to 12-5 in the NAC and pulls even overall at 12-12. The Chargers received 15 points from sophomore Mike Dias and freshman Jake Maynard. Wol Majong of Manchester and Peter Donato each added nine points apiece.
Plymouth State 3, Worcester State 2 (OT): In Plymouth, Josh Woody scored two goals, including the game-winner 4:10 into overtime. The win clinches a second consecutive MASCAC regular season championship for Plymouth State, and guarantees the Panthers the No. 1 seed and home-ice advantage in the upcoming MASCAC Tournament. PSU won its third straight outing to improve to 17-6-0 overall and 13-3-0 in conference games.
Franklin Pierce College 3, SNHU 2: In Hooksett Thursday, defenseman Andrew Dadds and forward Dino Federico scored 42 seconds apart in the final 3:29 of the third period to push the Ravens to the win. It was the eighth season win for Franklin Pierce (8-10-3), tying the program record. SNHU fell to 7-14-2.
Daniel Webster 3, Mount Ida 1: In Nashua, Joel Hendrix knocked down 17 kills and added a match-high five service aces and seven digs. Joe Walz added nine kills in the win.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Mont Vernon murder mastermind drops appeal, citing 'personal and moral' reasons - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester