Home » Sports » College Sports
UMass Lowell makes move to Div. I official
The River Hawks spent the last 13 years in Division II's Northeast-10 Conference, which includes New Hampshire schools Southern New Hampshire University, St. Anselm College and Franklin Pierce University.
"UMass Lowell is an outstanding addition to our membership and an ideal fit for America East," said Chairman of the America East Board of Presidents Dr. Samuel L. Stanley.
UMass Lowell begins competing in America East next fall, however the school will not be eligible for postseason play until the 2017-18 academic year while it completes the reclassification to Division I.
Since joining the Northeast-10 in 2000, the River Hawks made 104 NCAA post-season appearances, and won two team national championships and 59 conference championships.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
- 'Embrance the challenge ... behold the view,' MCPHS grads told - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
- Belmont makes deal to sell Winnisquam fire station for $240,000 - 0
- Salem's North Broadway may see another new retail plaza - 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 0
- $3.6 million roundabout near Nashua-Hudson line advances - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
Candlelight vigil set for homeless
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos