Home » Sports » College Sports
UMass Lowell makes move to Div. I official
The River Hawks spent the last 13 years in Division II's Northeast-10 Conference, which includes New Hampshire schools Southern New Hampshire University, St. Anselm College and Franklin Pierce University.
"UMass Lowell is an outstanding addition to our membership and an ideal fit for America East," said Chairman of the America East Board of Presidents Dr. Samuel L. Stanley.
UMass Lowell begins competing in America East next fall, however the school will not be eligible for postseason play until the 2017-18 academic year while it completes the reclassification to Division I.
Since joining the Northeast-10 in 2000, the River Hawks made 104 NCAA post-season appearances, and won two team national championships and 59 conference championships.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sanbornton voters add money back into budget - 0
- Sanbornton voters say no to SB 2 - 0
- Old building, new roads on Peterborough warrant - 0
- Sanbornton to vote again on SB2 - 0
- Employee pay, dump trucks key Sanbornton warrant - 0
- Proposed New London budget shows 3 percent increase - 0
- Conway voters ok school budget, but reject teacher's contract - 0
- Ortega, Barnes reelected to Merrimack School Board - 0
- Merrimack polls open today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Mont Vernon murder mastermind drops appeal, citing 'personal and moral' reasons - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester