Home » Sports » College Sports
UMass Lowell makes move to Div. I official
The River Hawks spent the last 13 years in Division II's Northeast-10 Conference, which includes New Hampshire schools Southern New Hampshire University, St. Anselm College and Franklin Pierce University.
"UMass Lowell is an outstanding addition to our membership and an ideal fit for America East," said Chairman of the America East Board of Presidents Dr. Samuel L. Stanley.
UMass Lowell begins competing in America East next fall, however the school will not be eligible for postseason play until the 2017-18 academic year while it completes the reclassification to Division I.
Since joining the Northeast-10 in 2000, the River Hawks made 104 NCAA post-season appearances, and won two team national championships and 59 conference championships.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Charles Arlinghaus: On Medicaid expansion, the right answer is, 'not yet' - 2
- Deroy Murdock: A bloated state necessarily bullies, as the IRS did - 3
- Kathy Sullivan: The IRS scandal exposes flaw behind tax-exempt politicking - 24
- Pat Buchanan: For what should Americans die? - 1
- Your Turn, NH: Common Core will be a costly burden for students, taxpayers - 10
- Jonah Goldberg: The IRS was only following Obama's lead - 15
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Redacted truth, subjunctive outrage - 0
- David Harsanyi: Get the IRS out of the speech business altogether - 10
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Updated: House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 9
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Updated: House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 3
License revocations for DWI announced
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands