Home » Sports » College Sports
UMass Lowell makes move to Div. I official
The River Hawks spent the last 13 years in Division II's Northeast-10 Conference, which includes New Hampshire schools Southern New Hampshire University, St. Anselm College and Franklin Pierce University.
"UMass Lowell is an outstanding addition to our membership and an ideal fit for America East," said Chairman of the America East Board of Presidents Dr. Samuel L. Stanley.
UMass Lowell begins competing in America East next fall, however the school will not be eligible for postseason play until the 2017-18 academic year while it completes the reclassification to Division I.
Since joining the Northeast-10 in 2000, the River Hawks made 104 NCAA post-season appearances, and won two team national championships and 59 conference championships.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice