Home » Sports » College Sports
UMass Lowell makes move to Div. I official
The River Hawks spent the last 13 years in Division II's Northeast-10 Conference, which includes New Hampshire schools Southern New Hampshire University, St. Anselm College and Franklin Pierce University.
"UMass Lowell is an outstanding addition to our membership and an ideal fit for America East," said Chairman of the America East Board of Presidents Dr. Samuel L. Stanley.
UMass Lowell begins competing in America East next fall, however the school will not be eligible for postseason play until the 2017-18 academic year while it completes the reclassification to Division I.
Since joining the Northeast-10 in 2000, the River Hawks made 104 NCAA post-season appearances, and won two team national championships and 59 conference championships.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- George Will: Executive discretion to the extreme - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Being better than New Jersey isn't good enough - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: GOP outrage machine might have finally gone too far - 46
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 1
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 13
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 5
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child