Home » Sports » College Sports
NHTI hoopsters opens playoffs on Saturday
Could the Lynx be brewing another big season?
NHTI wrapped up the regular season with an 84-76 home win against Vermont Technical College and honored its seniors, including starting guard Besfort Syla, a Manchester West graduate. Syla, who grew up in war-torn Kosovo, earned his U.S. citizenship last summer and will graduate from NHTI with associate degrees in criminal justice and general studies.
"It was really special to have him and his parents here on Senior Night," NHTI coach Paul Hogan said. "He's really an enjoyable kid to coach. He loves to practice and loves to win. His teammates respect him."
The Lynx (30-1) open the Yankee Small College Conference playoffs against the University of Maine-Machias on Saturday at 3 p.m. The conference tourney is being played at Central Maine Community College in Auburn, Maine.
NHTI athletic trainer Bryce St. Cyr, a Prospect Mountain of Alton and University of New Hampshire graduate, was also honored during Senior Night at NHTI's Goldie Crocker Wellness Center. St. Cyr, will soon be heading to Fort Myers, Fla., to begin a spring training internship with the Boston Red Sox.
The 23-year-old hopes to join a minor-league affiliate at the end of spring training.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sibling rivalries abound on track for decathlon, heptathlon - 0
- Coaches' All-Division girls' lacrosse teams - 0
- NH Boys' Lacrosse Coaches Association all-division teams - 0
- Former SNHU athletic director Chip Polak says he's Trinity's new AD - 2
- John Habib's High School Track: New England meet was Coe-Brown’s day in sun - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Unpredictable endings spice up NHIAA baseball, softball tournaments - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Lacrosse: Moving experiences - 0
- Campbell rallies to win Div. III softball crown - 0
- Woodsville grabs Division IV title - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 dead at Nashua home; police investigating - 0
- UPDATED: Judge strikes down state education tax credit program, appeal expected - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- UPDATED: Little agreement on Medicaid expansion or revenues - 1
- Powerful storm wreaks havoc in Portsmouth - 0
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Weather Service warns of severe thunderstorms in southern NH - 0
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- House-Senate talks on voter ID bill quickly break down, but agreement still possible - 1
Big Moose RV moves to massive Route 16 lot
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage