Home » Sports » College Sports
NHTI hoopsters opens playoffs on Saturday
Could the Lynx be brewing another big season?
NHTI wrapped up the regular season with an 84-76 home win against Vermont Technical College and honored its seniors, including starting guard Besfort Syla, a Manchester West graduate. Syla, who grew up in war-torn Kosovo, earned his U.S. citizenship last summer and will graduate from NHTI with associate degrees in criminal justice and general studies.
"It was really special to have him and his parents here on Senior Night," NHTI coach Paul Hogan said. "He's really an enjoyable kid to coach. He loves to practice and loves to win. His teammates respect him."
The Lynx (30-1) open the Yankee Small College Conference playoffs against the University of Maine-Machias on Saturday at 3 p.m. The conference tourney is being played at Central Maine Community College in Auburn, Maine.
NHTI athletic trainer Bryce St. Cyr, a Prospect Mountain of Alton and University of New Hampshire graduate, was also honored during Senior Night at NHTI's Goldie Crocker Wellness Center. St. Cyr, will soon be heading to Fort Myers, Fla., to begin a spring training internship with the Boston Red Sox.
The 23-year-old hopes to join a minor-league affiliate at the end of spring training.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
- 'Embrance the challenge ... behold the view,' MCPHS grads told - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan