Home » Sports » College Sports
NHTI hoopsters opens playoffs on Saturday
Could the Lynx be brewing another big season?
NHTI wrapped up the regular season with an 84-76 home win against Vermont Technical College and honored its seniors, including starting guard Besfort Syla, a Manchester West graduate. Syla, who grew up in war-torn Kosovo, earned his U.S. citizenship last summer and will graduate from NHTI with associate degrees in criminal justice and general studies.
"It was really special to have him and his parents here on Senior Night," NHTI coach Paul Hogan said. "He's really an enjoyable kid to coach. He loves to practice and loves to win. His teammates respect him."
The Lynx (30-1) open the Yankee Small College Conference playoffs against the University of Maine-Machias on Saturday at 3 p.m. The conference tourney is being played at Central Maine Community College in Auburn, Maine.
NHTI athletic trainer Bryce St. Cyr, a Prospect Mountain of Alton and University of New Hampshire graduate, was also honored during Senior Night at NHTI's Goldie Crocker Wellness Center. St. Cyr, will soon be heading to Fort Myers, Fla., to begin a spring training internship with the Boston Red Sox.
The 23-year-old hopes to join a minor-league affiliate at the end of spring training.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown team to beat in NHIAA Div. II baseball tourney - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- NHIAA Division I baseball tourney picture about to become clear - 1
- NHIAA Tennis: Bedford is championship-focused - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Hanover's Cravero hurls another no-hitter - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Milford team wins seatbelt challenge
Bruins seek repeat effort and complete sweep
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands