Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Standoff ends with $250,000 bail for officer
Gary McKeon, 47, of 23 Kenmar Drive, was arraigned Friday on four counts of reckless conduct and one count of criminal threatening. McKeon is a detective with the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. The MBTA said he has been on leave since his December arrest on a charge of domestic assault involving his girlfriend, according to reports.
Family members asked police to check on McKeon, who reportedly made suicidal and threatening comments. He was reported to be intoxicated and carrying a gun, according to police.
More than 10 officers arrived at the hotel around 3:10 p.m., according to Lt. Michael Moushegian of the Nashua Police Department.
"We took the precaution of establishing a perimeter and initiating contact with Mr. McKeon," Moushegian said.
The floor was cleared of people and officers remained outside of the room for several hours. McKeon was arrested at 10:45 p.m.
"He came out, he was taken into custody, and nobody was hurt," Moushegian said.
Police found evidence that four rounds had been discharged in the room but there was no indication McKeon was attempting to shoot at police, Moushegian said. The evidence led to four reckless conduct charges. McKeon was also charged with criminal threatening for allegedly pointing a gun towards members of the Nashua Police Special Reaction Team.
McKeon was being held on $250,000 cash only bail. He is scheduled for a pre-trial hearing Feb. 25.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424