Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Standoff ends with $250,000 bail for officer
Gary McKeon, 47, of 23 Kenmar Drive, was arraigned Friday on four counts of reckless conduct and one count of criminal threatening. McKeon is a detective with the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. The MBTA said he has been on leave since his December arrest on a charge of domestic assault involving his girlfriend, according to reports.
Family members asked police to check on McKeon, who reportedly made suicidal and threatening comments. He was reported to be intoxicated and carrying a gun, according to police.
More than 10 officers arrived at the hotel around 3:10 p.m., according to Lt. Michael Moushegian of the Nashua Police Department.
"We took the precaution of establishing a perimeter and initiating contact with Mr. McKeon," Moushegian said.
The floor was cleared of people and officers remained outside of the room for several hours. McKeon was arrested at 10:45 p.m.
"He came out, he was taken into custody, and nobody was hurt," Moushegian said.
Police found evidence that four rounds had been discharged in the room but there was no indication McKeon was attempting to shoot at police, Moushegian said. The evidence led to four reckless conduct charges. McKeon was also charged with criminal threatening for allegedly pointing a gun towards members of the Nashua Police Special Reaction Team.
McKeon was being held on $250,000 cash only bail. He is scheduled for a pre-trial hearing Feb. 25.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Driver was trying to kill himself
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424