Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Standoff ends with $250,000 bail for officer
Gary McKeon, 47, of 23 Kenmar Drive, was arraigned Friday on four counts of reckless conduct and one count of criminal threatening. McKeon is a detective with the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. The MBTA said he has been on leave since his December arrest on a charge of domestic assault involving his girlfriend, according to reports.
Family members asked police to check on McKeon, who reportedly made suicidal and threatening comments. He was reported to be intoxicated and carrying a gun, according to police.
More than 10 officers arrived at the hotel around 3:10 p.m., according to Lt. Michael Moushegian of the Nashua Police Department.
"We took the precaution of establishing a perimeter and initiating contact with Mr. McKeon," Moushegian said.
The floor was cleared of people and officers remained outside of the room for several hours. McKeon was arrested at 10:45 p.m.
"He came out, he was taken into custody, and nobody was hurt," Moushegian said.
Police found evidence that four rounds had been discharged in the room but there was no indication McKeon was attempting to shoot at police, Moushegian said. The evidence led to four reckless conduct charges. McKeon was also charged with criminal threatening for allegedly pointing a gun towards members of the Nashua Police Special Reaction Team.
McKeon was being held on $250,000 cash only bail. He is scheduled for a pre-trial hearing Feb. 25.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 7
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483