May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Standoff ends with $250,000 bail for officer
Gary McKeon, 47, of 23 Kenmar Drive, was arraigned Friday on four counts of reckless conduct and one count of criminal threatening. McKeon is a detective with the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. The MBTA said he has been on leave since his December arrest on a charge of domestic assault involving his girlfriend, according to reports.
Family members asked police to check on McKeon, who reportedly made suicidal and threatening comments. He was reported to be intoxicated and carrying a gun, according to police.
More than 10 officers arrived at the hotel around 3:10 p.m., according to Lt. Michael Moushegian of the Nashua Police Department.
"We took the precaution of establishing a perimeter and initiating contact with Mr. McKeon," Moushegian said.
The floor was cleared of people and officers remained outside of the room for several hours. McKeon was arrested at 10:45 p.m.
"He came out, he was taken into custody, and nobody was hurt," Moushegian said.
Police found evidence that four rounds had been discharged in the room but there was no indication McKeon was attempting to shoot at police, Moushegian said. The evidence led to four reckless conduct charges. McKeon was also charged with criminal threatening for allegedly pointing a gun towards members of the Nashua Police Special Reaction Team.
McKeon was being held on $250,000 cash only bail. He is scheduled for a pre-trial hearing Feb. 25.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats suspended - 0
- Budget plan presses NH hospitals to join managed care networks - 0
- Students hold ceremony to honor flags - 0
- This week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424