Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Mass. man charged after shots fired in standoff with police at Nashua hotel
Gary McKeon, 47, of 23 Kenmar Drive, Billerica, Mass., was arraigned Friday on four counts of reckless conduct and one count of criminal threatening.
Family members asked police to check on McKeon reporting he'd made suicidal and threatening comments. Police also were told McKeon was intoxicated and carrying a firearm.
More than 10 officers arrived at the hotel around 3:10 p.m., according to Lt. Michael Moushegian of the Nashua Police Department.
"We took the precaution of establishing a perimeter and initiating contact with Mr. McKeon," Moushegian said.
The floor of the hotel was evacuated and officers remained outside the room for several hours until McKeon was arrested at 10:45 p.m.
"He came out, he was taken into custody, and nobody was hurt," Moushegian said.
Police found evidence that four rounds had been discharged in the room but there was no indication McKeon was attempting to shoot police, Moushegian said.
McKeon is being held on $250,000 cash only bail and is scheduled for a pre-trial hearing Feb. 25.
Union Leader Correspondent Julie Hanson can be reached at Jhanson@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483