Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Mass. man charged after shots fired in standoff with police at Nashua hotel
Gary McKeon, 47, of 23 Kenmar Drive, Billerica, Mass., was arraigned Friday on four counts of reckless conduct and one count of criminal threatening.
Family members asked police to check on McKeon reporting he'd made suicidal and threatening comments. Police also were told McKeon was intoxicated and carrying a firearm.
More than 10 officers arrived at the hotel around 3:10 p.m., according to Lt. Michael Moushegian of the Nashua Police Department.
"We took the precaution of establishing a perimeter and initiating contact with Mr. McKeon," Moushegian said.
The floor of the hotel was evacuated and officers remained outside the room for several hours until McKeon was arrested at 10:45 p.m.
"He came out, he was taken into custody, and nobody was hurt," Moushegian said.
Police found evidence that four rounds had been discharged in the room but there was no indication McKeon was attempting to shoot police, Moushegian said.
McKeon is being held on $250,000 cash only bail and is scheduled for a pre-trial hearing Feb. 25.
Union Leader Correspondent Julie Hanson can be reached at Jhanson@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424