Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Mass. man charged after shots fired in standoff with police at Nashua hotel
Gary McKeon, 47, of 23 Kenmar Drive, Billerica, Mass., was arraigned Friday on four counts of reckless conduct and one count of criminal threatening.
Family members asked police to check on McKeon reporting he'd made suicidal and threatening comments. Police also were told McKeon was intoxicated and carrying a firearm.
More than 10 officers arrived at the hotel around 3:10 p.m., according to Lt. Michael Moushegian of the Nashua Police Department.
"We took the precaution of establishing a perimeter and initiating contact with Mr. McKeon," Moushegian said.
The floor of the hotel was evacuated and officers remained outside the room for several hours until McKeon was arrested at 10:45 p.m.
"He came out, he was taken into custody, and nobody was hurt," Moushegian said.
Police found evidence that four rounds had been discharged in the room but there was no indication McKeon was attempting to shoot police, Moushegian said.
McKeon is being held on $250,000 cash only bail and is scheduled for a pre-trial hearing Feb. 25.
Union Leader Correspondent Julie Hanson can be reached at Jhanson@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 1
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 0
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424