Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Mass. man charged after shots fired in standoff with police at Nashua hotel
Gary McKeon, 47, of 23 Kenmar Drive, Billerica, Mass., was arraigned Friday on four counts of reckless conduct and one count of criminal threatening.
Family members asked police to check on McKeon reporting he'd made suicidal and threatening comments. Police also were told McKeon was intoxicated and carrying a firearm.
More than 10 officers arrived at the hotel around 3:10 p.m., according to Lt. Michael Moushegian of the Nashua Police Department.
"We took the precaution of establishing a perimeter and initiating contact with Mr. McKeon," Moushegian said.
The floor of the hotel was evacuated and officers remained outside the room for several hours until McKeon was arrested at 10:45 p.m.
"He came out, he was taken into custody, and nobody was hurt," Moushegian said.
Police found evidence that four rounds had been discharged in the room but there was no indication McKeon was attempting to shoot police, Moushegian said.
McKeon is being held on $250,000 cash only bail and is scheduled for a pre-trial hearing Feb. 25.
Union Leader Correspondent Julie Hanson can be reached at Jhanson@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man has excuse for missing court in Conway - he was in jail - 0
- Claremont man charged with arson in May fire - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 3
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 8
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483