Raymond Rotary offers slate of motivational speakers
"It is a new idea that we think has lots of potential as a gift and a benefit to the community and of course a way to raise funds," Raymond Area Rotary Club president Jeannie Richards said. "We have a pretty high-powered selection of speakers who have donated their time to this effort."
This includes current Epping Fire Chief Don DeAngelis, who in a previous life worked in the world of finance and served as a motivational speaker. Last year he also held a successful leadership conference for emergency workers in the state that drew more than 100 attendees.
It was a talk by DeAngelis at a local Rotary meeting last fall that got the club's wheels spinning about the potential for holding a leadership conference of their own.
"We are always looking for local projects to do and this seems to fit very well. As business people, we are trying to have a positive impact on the community," Raymond Area Rotarian Steve Puderbaugh said. "We all need leaders either in our businesses, in our homes, any part of our lives, I guess. We are all looking to have a more positive influence on those around us and that is what this is about."
In addition to DeAngelis, the day's speakers include Michelle Holt Shannon, director of New Hampshire Listens at the Carsey Institute of the University of New Hampshire; Ken Bosse, an accredited certified life coach; Edward French, academic director of the graduate business programs at Franklin Pierce University; attorney Andru Volinsky; Maj. Gen. (retired) Kenneth Clark; and Peter Hubbard, a certified personal trainer, strength coach and world ranked power-lifter.
Registration costs $65 and includes lunch. Proceeds will benefit projects of the Raymond Area Rotary Club, including college scholarships.
Registration begins at 8 a.m. with a welcome and overview of the day beginning at 8:30.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester makes move to outsource student driver education program - 3
- Nashua education board chair concerned about test scores - 0
- Dartmouth scholar to co-lead Arctic initiative - 0
- Manchester school health costs down, but plans called 'generous' - 0
- Manchester school board reaffirms 'get tough' policy for student assaults - 3
- Pinkerton Academy to issue refunds to sending towns - 0
- New Boston firefighters share safety tips with elementary school students - 0
- Public hearing on proposed school bonds - 1
- Crotched Mtn. school suit alleges abuse - 3
READER COMMENTS: 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 6
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
Trump fired up over NH mailer
20141029-Stephanopoulos to moderate final NH Senate debate despite ties to Shaheen operative