Home » Opinion » Editorials
Iran inches forward: As Obama keeps talking
On Thursday it was reported that Iran has been trying to buy massive numbers of magnets used in enriching uranium for use in nuclear weapons. Doing so is a violation of United Nations sanctions. Iran sought the magnets anyway.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, whose nation Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has openly advocated destroying, said last year that Iran probably would have the capability to make a nuclear weapon by this spring or summer. The question was whether the economic sanctions would collapse the regime before then. That does not seem likely. So, now what?
President Obama has said that a nuclear-armed Iran is unacceptable. He has kept saying that as Iran's murderous dictator has inched ever closer to getting his blood-stained hands on a nuclear weapon. As Obama talks, Ahmadinejad acts. No one wants a new war. But the question must be asked: How much longer can this go on?
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
- Derry school district continues to push its high-achieving students - 0
- Keene State professor eager to explore plant’s mysteries - 0
- Windham to reconsider dodgeball ban - 0
- Hooksett students taken to nearby school after gas leak - 0
- Londonderry students who haven't had whooping cough vaccine asked to stay home - 0
- Pinkerton Academy grads told they are 'a promising generation' - 1
- Derry school district looks to boost its bandwith - 0
- Nashua South grads told to embrace lessons from challenges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Senate mum on House proposal for special session on Medicare - 3
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 0
- UPDATED: Senate, House negotiators mull compromise plan to narrowly align state insurance rules with 'Obamacare' - 1
- UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 21
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 12
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 5
UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off