Home » Opinion » Editorials
Iran inches forward: As Obama keeps talking
On Thursday it was reported that Iran has been trying to buy massive numbers of magnets used in enriching uranium for use in nuclear weapons. Doing so is a violation of United Nations sanctions. Iran sought the magnets anyway.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, whose nation Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has openly advocated destroying, said last year that Iran probably would have the capability to make a nuclear weapon by this spring or summer. The question was whether the economic sanctions would collapse the regime before then. That does not seem likely. So, now what?
President Obama has said that a nuclear-armed Iran is unacceptable. He has kept saying that as Iran's murderous dictator has inched ever closer to getting his blood-stained hands on a nuclear weapon. As Obama talks, Ahmadinejad acts. No one wants a new war. But the question must be asked: How much longer can this go on?
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Sen. Rand Paul in NH: Too early for judgments in IRS probe - 1
- Rabid raccoons in Hanover raise ‘rabies season’ concerns - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Gregg named CEO of Wall Street lobbying group - 1
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 1
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name