Home » Opinion » Editorials
Iran inches forward: As Obama keeps talking
On Thursday it was reported that Iran has been trying to buy massive numbers of magnets used in enriching uranium for use in nuclear weapons. Doing so is a violation of United Nations sanctions. Iran sought the magnets anyway.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, whose nation Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has openly advocated destroying, said last year that Iran probably would have the capability to make a nuclear weapon by this spring or summer. The question was whether the economic sanctions would collapse the regime before then. That does not seem likely. So, now what?
President Obama has said that a nuclear-armed Iran is unacceptable. He has kept saying that as Iran's murderous dictator has inched ever closer to getting his blood-stained hands on a nuclear weapon. As Obama talks, Ahmadinejad acts. No one wants a new war. But the question must be asked: How much longer can this go on?
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 12
- Praising freedom: While curtailing it - 16
- Fergus Cullen: No politics buffer zone - some want issue unsettled - 7
- The perfect winner: Mrs. Craig gives when she receives - 0
- A sacred rite denied: Partial justice in Marriott murder - 0
- Casino tax breaks: Bad news for Gov. Hassan - 4
- A medal well earned: Ryan M. Pitts is a hero - 3
- Treat them better: Bad medicine for veterans, military - 14
- Editorial: USNH’s freeze a good start - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 7
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release