Home » News » Public Safety
Teenager arrested after hitting cruiser
MANCHESTER - A Manchester teen was arrested after she struck a police cruiser Saturday night, police said.
Janele Laing, 18, was arrested for operating under the influence of drugs after some marijuana was observed in plain sight, according to police Sgt. Paul Thompson.
A marked canine unit cruiser was traveling east on Spruce Street when a vehicle operated by Laing was heading south on Lincoln Street when it went through a stop sign and struck the cruiser around 10 p.m., Thompson said.
There were no injuries reported. The police dog, Bud, also was not hurt.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 115
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 8
- UPDATE: Salem student receives minor injuries in bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 3
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 5
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 1
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?