Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester man killed in Auburn snowmobile accident
Officials confirmed the victim was Keith Ryan Jr., 41.<br/<br/>
Auburn Fire Chief Bruce Phillips said emergency responders were on the scene within minutes after the accident and performed CPR on the man. He was taken by ambulance to Elliot Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, the chief said.
The boy was seriously injured and also taken to the Manchester hospital.
The man and the boy were both wearing helmets, but sustained serious injuries to other parts of their bodies, according to Fish and Game.
Fish and Game officials said the pair were riding together on a single snowmobile around 3:30 p.m. in Front Park. According to witnesses, the two hit a bump causing the machine to accelerate rapidly. Both were ejected from the machine and thrown onto rocks. The machine also continued into a rock, launching it about 72 feet through the air and into a small brook, authorities said.
The father and son were riding with another friend who was behind them on a separate snowmobile when the accident occurred. The friend called 911. Two nearby fishermen also witnessed the accident and ran over to help and stood by until rescuers arrived on scene.
Auburn police and fire departments, Derry Fire and Rescue, Manchester Water Works and NH Fish and Game Conservation Officers responded.
"This incident serves as a reminder for all riders to use due care and caution at all times when operating snowmobiles and" off highway recreational vehicles, said Conservation Officer Geoffrey Pushee.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072