Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester man killed in Auburn snowmobile accident
Officials confirmed the victim was Keith Ryan Jr., 41.<br/<br/>
Auburn Fire Chief Bruce Phillips said emergency responders were on the scene within minutes after the accident and performed CPR on the man. He was taken by ambulance to Elliot Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, the chief said.
The boy was seriously injured and also taken to the Manchester hospital.
The man and the boy were both wearing helmets, but sustained serious injuries to other parts of their bodies, according to Fish and Game.
Fish and Game officials said the pair were riding together on a single snowmobile around 3:30 p.m. in Front Park. According to witnesses, the two hit a bump causing the machine to accelerate rapidly. Both were ejected from the machine and thrown onto rocks. The machine also continued into a rock, launching it about 72 feet through the air and into a small brook, authorities said.
The father and son were riding with another friend who was behind them on a separate snowmobile when the accident occurred. The friend called 911. Two nearby fishermen also witnessed the accident and ran over to help and stood by until rescuers arrived on scene.
Auburn police and fire departments, Derry Fire and Rescue, Manchester Water Works and NH Fish and Game Conservation Officers responded.
"This incident serves as a reminder for all riders to use due care and caution at all times when operating snowmobiles and" off highway recreational vehicles, said Conservation Officer Geoffrey Pushee.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire damages interior of home on Bypass 28 in Derry - 0
- He helps make the Londonderry police force stronger - 0
- Hampton Beach Fire makes new home official - 0
- Firefighters from 10 towns fight Loudon 3-alarm blaze - 0
- Mass. man rescued from Mt. Haystack in Franconia - 0
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072