Home » News » Public Safety
Methuen, Mass. driver killed in I-95 rollover in Portsmouth
According to New Hampshire State Police, the accident happened about 9:49 p.m. and involved a single vehcile.
"Preliminary investigation revealed that a 2006 Chevy HHR sedan, being driven by William Lasonde, age 63, of Methuen, Mass., was traveling northbound on Interstate 95. The vehicle left the right side of the roadway, struck a guardrail, and rolled over multiple times," Troop A said in a statement. "As a result, Lasonde was ejected from the vehicle. Lasonde was transported to the Portsmouth Regional Hospital where he later died as a result of his injuries."
This accident occurred in the right median area separating Interstate 95 northbound and the Exit 5 exit ramp. A portion of the right travel lane was closed for approximately two hours as Troopers investigated.
Assisting New Hampshire State Police at the scene were both the Portsmouth Police Department and the Portsmouth Fire Department.
This accident remains under investigation by Trooper Scott Garton. Anyone with information is asked to contact Trooper Garton at (603) 223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 1
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children