Home » News » Public Safety
Methuen, Mass. driver killed in I-95 rollover in Portsmouth
According to New Hampshire State Police, the accident happened about 9:49 p.m. and involved a single vehcile.
"Preliminary investigation revealed that a 2006 Chevy HHR sedan, being driven by William Lasonde, age 63, of Methuen, Mass., was traveling northbound on Interstate 95. The vehicle left the right side of the roadway, struck a guardrail, and rolled over multiple times," Troop A said in a statement. "As a result, Lasonde was ejected from the vehicle. Lasonde was transported to the Portsmouth Regional Hospital where he later died as a result of his injuries."
This accident occurred in the right median area separating Interstate 95 northbound and the Exit 5 exit ramp. A portion of the right travel lane was closed for approximately two hours as Troopers investigated.
Assisting New Hampshire State Police at the scene were both the Portsmouth Police Department and the Portsmouth Fire Department.
This accident remains under investigation by Trooper Scott Garton. Anyone with information is asked to contact Trooper Garton at (603) 223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072