Home » News » Public Safety
Methuen, Mass. driver killed in I-95 rollover in Portsmouth
According to New Hampshire State Police, the accident happened about 9:49 p.m. and involved a single vehcile.
"Preliminary investigation revealed that a 2006 Chevy HHR sedan, being driven by William Lasonde, age 63, of Methuen, Mass., was traveling northbound on Interstate 95. The vehicle left the right side of the roadway, struck a guardrail, and rolled over multiple times," Troop A said in a statement. "As a result, Lasonde was ejected from the vehicle. Lasonde was transported to the Portsmouth Regional Hospital where he later died as a result of his injuries."
This accident occurred in the right median area separating Interstate 95 northbound and the Exit 5 exit ramp. A portion of the right travel lane was closed for approximately two hours as Troopers investigated.
Assisting New Hampshire State Police at the scene were both the Portsmouth Police Department and the Portsmouth Fire Department.
This accident remains under investigation by Trooper Scott Garton. Anyone with information is asked to contact Trooper Garton at (603) 223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 0
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 0
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Nashua must decide on parkway project's bridge aesthetics - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
Hooksett has five new school board members
A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth