Home » News » Public Safety
Methuen, Mass. driver killed in I-95 rollover in Portsmouth
According to New Hampshire State Police, the accident happened about 9:49 p.m. and involved a single vehcile.
"Preliminary investigation revealed that a 2006 Chevy HHR sedan, being driven by William Lasonde, age 63, of Methuen, Mass., was traveling northbound on Interstate 95. The vehicle left the right side of the roadway, struck a guardrail, and rolled over multiple times," Troop A said in a statement. "As a result, Lasonde was ejected from the vehicle. Lasonde was transported to the Portsmouth Regional Hospital where he later died as a result of his injuries."
This accident occurred in the right median area separating Interstate 95 northbound and the Exit 5 exit ramp. A portion of the right travel lane was closed for approximately two hours as Troopers investigated.
Assisting New Hampshire State Police at the scene were both the Portsmouth Police Department and the Portsmouth Fire Department.
This accident remains under investigation by Trooper Scott Garton. Anyone with information is asked to contact Trooper Garton at (603) 223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth