Home » News » Public Safety
Methuen, Mass. driver killed in I-95 rollover in Portsmouth
According to New Hampshire State Police, the accident happened about 9:49 p.m. and involved a single vehcile.
"Preliminary investigation revealed that a 2006 Chevy HHR sedan, being driven by William Lasonde, age 63, of Methuen, Mass., was traveling northbound on Interstate 95. The vehicle left the right side of the roadway, struck a guardrail, and rolled over multiple times," Troop A said in a statement. "As a result, Lasonde was ejected from the vehicle. Lasonde was transported to the Portsmouth Regional Hospital where he later died as a result of his injuries."
This accident occurred in the right median area separating Interstate 95 northbound and the Exit 5 exit ramp. A portion of the right travel lane was closed for approximately two hours as Troopers investigated.
Assisting New Hampshire State Police at the scene were both the Portsmouth Police Department and the Portsmouth Fire Department.
This accident remains under investigation by Trooper Scott Garton. Anyone with information is asked to contact Trooper Garton at (603) 223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run