Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Cavs' Irving edges Bonner in 3-point contest
Irving went first in the final round and was hot throughout, leaving Bonner needing a big effort to earn the win. Bonner got off to a slow start, missing his first two shots but coming on strong later to make it close.
Bonner scored 19 points in the first round to secure his spot in the finals.
In the first round, Bonner started on the left wing and got off to a hot start, hitting his first five shots from that spot.
Prior to the contest, Bonner was featured in an interview with NBA analyst (and former Boston Celtics member) Rick Fox. The interview featured a shot of the Red River Theatre in Concord where a viewing party was taking place.
Fox also presented Bonner with a t-shirt emblazoned with a snake on it, re-dubbing the Red Rocket as the "Red Mamba" as Kobe Bryant called him.
Bonner got into the 3-point contest thanks in large part to a social media campaign led by his brother Luke to "Let Matt Shoot."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics' objective against Knicks: Make it to Friday - 0
- Celtics beat Knicks in OT, force Game 5 - 0
- Knicks push Celtics to the brink - 0
- Another Celts meltdown as Knicks take command of series - 0
- Celts 'point' to Garnett for solutions - 0
- Too much Carmelo as Knicks top Celtics in Game 1 - 0
- C's end regular season on losing note - 0
- Celtics clinch No. 7 seed with easy win over Magic - 0
- Heat's stars get better of Celtics - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 0
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 6
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 2
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs