Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Cavs' Irving edges Bonner in 3-point contest
Irving went first in the final round and was hot throughout, leaving Bonner needing a big effort to earn the win. Bonner got off to a slow start, missing his first two shots but coming on strong later to make it close.
Bonner scored 19 points in the first round to secure his spot in the finals.
In the first round, Bonner started on the left wing and got off to a hot start, hitting his first five shots from that spot.
Prior to the contest, Bonner was featured in an interview with NBA analyst (and former Boston Celtics member) Rick Fox. The interview featured a shot of the Red River Theatre in Concord where a viewing party was taking place.
Fox also presented Bonner with a t-shirt emblazoned with a snake on it, re-dubbing the Red Rocket as the "Red Mamba" as Kobe Bryant called him.
Bonner got into the 3-point contest thanks in large part to a social media campaign led by his brother Luke to "Let Matt Shoot."
READER COMMENTS: 11
- Learning the way of the gun in Wakefield - 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
- Powerball jackpot: Another chance at the (your) golden ticket - 1
- Endowment established for Milford support organization Bridges - 0
- Flags to fly at half-staff Wednesday and Friday - 0
- NH Lottery games debut Mother's Day - 0
- Marathon bomber's body entombed in undisclosed location - 1
- Powerball jackpot grows to $270 million for Saturday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19