Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Cavs' Irving edges Bonner in 3-point contest
Irving went first in the final round and was hot throughout, leaving Bonner needing a big effort to earn the win. Bonner got off to a slow start, missing his first two shots but coming on strong later to make it close.
Bonner scored 19 points in the first round to secure his spot in the finals.
In the first round, Bonner started on the left wing and got off to a hot start, hitting his first five shots from that spot.
Prior to the contest, Bonner was featured in an interview with NBA analyst (and former Boston Celtics member) Rick Fox. The interview featured a shot of the Red River Theatre in Concord where a viewing party was taking place.
Fox also presented Bonner with a t-shirt emblazoned with a snake on it, re-dubbing the Red Rocket as the "Red Mamba" as Kobe Bryant called him.
Bonner got into the 3-point contest thanks in large part to a social media campaign led by his brother Luke to "Let Matt Shoot."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Green, Celtics blow out Cavs - 0
- Celtics late rally falls short - 0
- Crawford, Celtics ease past Bobcats - 0
- Celtics top Hawks to halt six-game skid - 0
- Spurs top Celtics to extend win streak - 0
- Timberwolves hand Celtics third straight loss - 0
- Aldridge double-double sends Celtics to loss - 0
- Warning sign saves former St. A hoop coach Clifford - 0
- Bobcats end Celtics' four-game win streak - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 0
- Fire scene closes Goffstown's Paige Hill Road - 0
- Gas tax increase would be tied to consumer price index - 5
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 5
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 2
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans