Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Cavs' Irving edges Bonner in 3-point contest
Irving went first in the final round and was hot throughout, leaving Bonner needing a big effort to earn the win. Bonner got off to a slow start, missing his first two shots but coming on strong later to make it close.
Bonner scored 19 points in the first round to secure his spot in the finals.
In the first round, Bonner started on the left wing and got off to a hot start, hitting his first five shots from that spot.
Prior to the contest, Bonner was featured in an interview with NBA analyst (and former Boston Celtics member) Rick Fox. The interview featured a shot of the Red River Theatre in Concord where a viewing party was taking place.
Fox also presented Bonner with a t-shirt emblazoned with a snake on it, re-dubbing the Red Rocket as the "Red Mamba" as Kobe Bryant called him.
Bonner got into the 3-point contest thanks in large part to a social media campaign led by his brother Luke to "Let Matt Shoot."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Angry birds clash - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Wildcats defeat Maine to advance - 1
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- SNHU wins national title - 1
- UNH fires coach McCloskey over 'incident of inappropriate physical contact with a player' - 0
- UNH No. 18 in USCHO.com poll - 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 2
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House partiesREADER COMMENTS: 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed