Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Cavs' Irving edges Bonner in 3-point contest
Irving went first in the final round and was hot throughout, leaving Bonner needing a big effort to earn the win. Bonner got off to a slow start, missing his first two shots but coming on strong later to make it close.
Bonner scored 19 points in the first round to secure his spot in the finals.
In the first round, Bonner started on the left wing and got off to a hot start, hitting his first five shots from that spot.
Prior to the contest, Bonner was featured in an interview with NBA analyst (and former Boston Celtics member) Rick Fox. The interview featured a shot of the Red River Theatre in Concord where a viewing party was taking place.
Fox also presented Bonner with a t-shirt emblazoned with a snake on it, re-dubbing the Red Rocket as the "Red Mamba" as Kobe Bryant called him.
Bonner got into the 3-point contest thanks in large part to a social media campaign led by his brother Luke to "Let Matt Shoot."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child