NHIAA Bowling: Souhegan wins state team championship
Spaulding's David Masse, a senior, is shown during the NHIAA Bowling Championship held at Spare Time in Manchester on Saturday. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
The Sabers out-pinned the Astros 888-784 to win 4-1.
Members of the championship team include: Defrense, Sam Bannon, Sam Leedy, Addy Devine, Patrick McDeed, Connor Cinque, Cam Calato and Austin Cote.
Joining third-seeded Souhegan and top-ranked Pinkerton in the semifinals were No. 2 Stevens and No. 4 Merrimack. The Sabers eliminated the Cardinals, 4-0, and the Astros ousted the Tomahawks, 4-0.
First round: Hollis/Brookline 4, Goffstown 2; Raymond 4, Sanborn 0; Spaulding 4, Laconia 3
Quarterfinals: Pinkerton 4, Spaulding 0; Stevens 4, Raymond 2; Souhegan 4, Hollis/Brookline 2; Merrimack 4, Keene 3
Semifinals: Pinkerton 4, Merrimack 0; Souhegan 4, Stevens 0
Finals: Souhegan 4, Pinkerton 1
READER COMMENTS: 11
- Learning the way of the gun in Wakefield - 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
- Powerball jackpot: Another chance at the (your) golden ticket - 1
- Endowment established for Milford support organization Bridges - 0
- Flags to fly at half-staff Wednesday and Friday - 0
- NH Lottery games debut Mother's Day - 0
- Marathon bomber's body entombed in undisclosed location - 1
- Powerball jackpot grows to $270 million for Saturday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19