NHIAA Div. III Wrestling: Windham notches second straight title
That's exactly what it received as Jeff Armstrong and Dylan Swiderski won laurels at 113 pounds and 138 pounds, and Chris Serri guaranteed the gold medal with his 8-1 decision over Alex Lavalliere of runner-up John Stark at 182 pounds.
The Jaguars are in their fourth season of varsity wrestling.
Windham finished with 164 points while John Stark tallied 153 and Plymouth 145.
"During our first year we scored just six points, and the next year we finished fourth," said Windham coach Tom Darrin. "Now we've got two championships in a row."
Darrin was named the D-III Coach of the Year.
"It's a nice honor," said Darrin, "but it's the kids who won out there today. Windham is a great school with great kids. They never give up."
Windham finished the regular season undefeated in Division III competition with a 10-0 record.
Top 10 teams
1. Windham 164; 2. John Stark 153; 3. Plymouth 145; 4. Winnisquam, 67; 5. Campebell 64; 6. Souhegan 62; 7. Pelham 60; 8. Newport 52.5; 9. Sanborn 42; 10. White Mountains 34
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics' objective against Knicks: Make it to Friday - 0
- Celtics beat Knicks in OT, force Game 5 - 0
- Knicks push Celtics to the brink - 0
- Another Celts meltdown as Knicks take command of series - 0
- Celts 'point' to Garnett for solutions - 0
- Too much Carmelo as Knicks top Celtics in Game 1 - 0
- C's end regular season on losing note - 0
- Celtics clinch No. 7 seed with easy win over Magic - 0
- Heat's stars get better of Celtics - 0
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 9
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- Updated: House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
License revocations for DWI announced
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands