NHIAA Div. III Wrestling: Windham notches second straight title
That's exactly what it received as Jeff Armstrong and Dylan Swiderski won laurels at 113 pounds and 138 pounds, and Chris Serri guaranteed the gold medal with his 8-1 decision over Alex Lavalliere of runner-up John Stark at 182 pounds.
The Jaguars are in their fourth season of varsity wrestling.
Windham finished with 164 points while John Stark tallied 153 and Plymouth 145.
"During our first year we scored just six points, and the next year we finished fourth," said Windham coach Tom Darrin. "Now we've got two championships in a row."
Darrin was named the D-III Coach of the Year.
"It's a nice honor," said Darrin, "but it's the kids who won out there today. Windham is a great school with great kids. They never give up."
Windham finished the regular season undefeated in Division III competition with a 10-0 record.
Top 10 teams
1. Windham 164; 2. John Stark 153; 3. Plymouth 145; 4. Winnisquam, 67; 5. Campebell 64; 6. Souhegan 62; 7. Pelham 60; 8. Newport 52.5; 9. Sanborn 42; 10. White Mountains 34
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown team to beat in NHIAA Div. II baseball tourney - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- NHIAA Division I baseball tourney picture about to become clear - 1
- NHIAA Tennis: Bedford is championship-focused - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Hanover's Cravero hurls another no-hitter - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Warwick Mills scores $94.3 million contract from Army for body armor - 0
- Senate OKs medical pot, with plenty of restrictions - 0
- Rangers win in overtime, stay alive for Game 5 - 0
- Hanefeld shoots 74 at Senior PGA - 0
- Bishop Libasci to ordain 2 at St. Joseph Cathedral - 0
- Price tag to restore chimney about $1m - 0
- Officials disallow Woodmont slide show - 0
- Officials question Nashua parking proposal - 0
- House bill lowers emissions cap to meet RGGI standards - 1
License revocations for DWI announced