NHIAA Div. III Wrestling: Windham notches second straight title
That's exactly what it received as Jeff Armstrong and Dylan Swiderski won laurels at 113 pounds and 138 pounds, and Chris Serri guaranteed the gold medal with his 8-1 decision over Alex Lavalliere of runner-up John Stark at 182 pounds.
The Jaguars are in their fourth season of varsity wrestling.
Windham finished with 164 points while John Stark tallied 153 and Plymouth 145.
"During our first year we scored just six points, and the next year we finished fourth," said Windham coach Tom Darrin. "Now we've got two championships in a row."
Darrin was named the D-III Coach of the Year.
"It's a nice honor," said Darrin, "but it's the kids who won out there today. Windham is a great school with great kids. They never give up."
Windham finished the regular season undefeated in Division III competition with a 10-0 record.
Top 10 teams
1. Windham 164; 2. John Stark 153; 3. Plymouth 145; 4. Winnisquam, 67; 5. Campebell 64; 6. Souhegan 62; 7. Pelham 60; 8. Newport 52.5; 9. Sanborn 42; 10. White Mountains 34
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 1
- Abigail's mother speaks of hope on ABC's Good Morning America - 0
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos