NHIAA Div. III Wrestling: Windham notches second straight title
That's exactly what it received as Jeff Armstrong and Dylan Swiderski won laurels at 113 pounds and 138 pounds, and Chris Serri guaranteed the gold medal with his 8-1 decision over Alex Lavalliere of runner-up John Stark at 182 pounds.
The Jaguars are in their fourth season of varsity wrestling.
Windham finished with 164 points while John Stark tallied 153 and Plymouth 145.
"During our first year we scored just six points, and the next year we finished fourth," said Windham coach Tom Darrin. "Now we've got two championships in a row."
Darrin was named the D-III Coach of the Year.
"It's a nice honor," said Darrin, "but it's the kids who won out there today. Windham is a great school with great kids. They never give up."
Windham finished the regular season undefeated in Division III competition with a 10-0 record.
Top 10 teams
1. Windham 164; 2. John Stark 153; 3. Plymouth 145; 4. Winnisquam, 67; 5. Campebell 64; 6. Souhegan 62; 7. Pelham 60; 8. Newport 52.5; 9. Sanborn 42; 10. White Mountains 34
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
- Powerball jackpot: Another chance at the (your) golden ticket - 1
- Endowment established for Milford support organization Bridges - 0
- Flags to fly at half-staff Wednesday and Friday - 0
- NH Lottery games debut Mother's Day - 0
- Marathon bomber's body entombed in undisclosed location - 1
- Powerball jackpot grows to $270 million for Saturday - 0
- NH Preservation Alliance honors 10 for protecting historic treasures - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former FBI head tells St. Anselm graduates it is important to give back - 1
- UNH commencement speaker tells graduates: Don't worry about mistakes, learn from them - 2
- Ayotte tells NEC graduates to be passionate about their work - 1
- Antioch University awards 145 degrees - 0
- Message to Nashua Community College grads: find strength - 0
- 160 students graduate from White Mountains Community College - 0
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 0
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
Nashua school parking surprise