NHIAA Div. III Wrestling: Windham notches second straight title
That's exactly what it received as Jeff Armstrong and Dylan Swiderski won laurels at 113 pounds and 138 pounds, and Chris Serri guaranteed the gold medal with his 8-1 decision over Alex Lavalliere of runner-up John Stark at 182 pounds.
The Jaguars are in their fourth season of varsity wrestling.
Windham finished with 164 points while John Stark tallied 153 and Plymouth 145.
"During our first year we scored just six points, and the next year we finished fourth," said Windham coach Tom Darrin. "Now we've got two championships in a row."
Darrin was named the D-III Coach of the Year.
"It's a nice honor," said Darrin, "but it's the kids who won out there today. Windham is a great school with great kids. They never give up."
Windham finished the regular season undefeated in Division III competition with a 10-0 record.
Top 10 teams
1. Windham 164; 2. John Stark 153; 3. Plymouth 145; 4. Winnisquam, 67; 5. Campebell 64; 6. Souhegan 62; 7. Pelham 60; 8. Newport 52.5; 9. Sanborn 42; 10. White Mountains 34
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Manchester gas station burglarized - 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 1
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 12
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans