Dartmouth rallies for big Saturday night hockey win
The Big Green, down 4-3 in the third period against the ECAC's 11th-place team, Colgate, rallied for two goals in the final 8:26 to prevail, 5-4, before 3,924 fans at Thompson Arena on Saturday night.
The win enabled Dartmouth to break a four-game winless streak. A loss would have meant a pointless home weekend for the Big Green, who succumbed to another second-division squad, Cornell, on Friday night.
Sophomore Jesse Beamish scored twice for Dartmouth, including the tying goal off a rebound at the 11:34 mark of the third period. Fellow soph Eric Neiley potted the winner with 5:19 remaining, tapping one home from the doorstep after some nice passing during a power play.
Freshman goalie Charles Grant made 29 saves for Dartmouth, including some beauties with the Big Green trailing in the third.
Dustin Walsh also scored for 17th-ranked Dartmouth, 8-7-3 in the ECAC and 12-9-4 overall. Colgate dropped to 5-10-3 in the conference, 13-13-4 overall.
The Big Green are tied for fifth with Yale with 19 points. They are one point behind third-place St. Lawrence and Union, and two points behind RPI.
Dartmouth hits the road this coming weekend for games at Clarkson and St. Lawrence.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs fall, settle for two-win weekend - 0
- Ian Clark's Monarchs Notebook: Berube makes most of his shot - 0
- Red-hot Monarchs top Wolf Pack on the road - 0
- Deslauriers comes through in the Nick of time for Monarchs - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Rookie makes most of chance - 0
- Monarchs cut Ullrich - 0
- Monarchs fall in Sunday shootout - 0
- Sabourin's two goals pace Monarchs past P-Bruins - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' 'kids' get job done - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840