Monarchs stumble in Connecticut
Steve Eminger scored at 17:17 of the third when Brandon Segal found him in the slot with a nice pass.
Just 16 ticks later, Brandon Mashinter scored the game-winner when Segal got him the puck inside the right wing face-off circle.
Manchester (22-24-2-3) is in fourth place in the AHL's Atlantic Division with 49 points. Connecticut (25-21-4-2) is in second place in the Northeast Division with 56 points.
Manchester looked to be in good shape with a 2-1 lead late in the first game of a six-game road trip. Linden Vey scored for the Monarchs on the power play at 6:24 of the first. Tyler Toffoli connected with Vey in the slot, and Vey redirected the pass for the goal.
Christian Thomas made it 1-1 at 7:35 of the second but Manchester regained a two-goal margin when Toffoli found the back of the net with 54 seconds remaining in the second. Nick Deslauriers picked up an assist on the Toffoli goal.
Martin Jones (12-18-3) made 26 saves on 29 shots for Manchester. Jason Missiaen made 27 saves for the Whale.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NCAA Baseball: Penmen win again - 0
- College Baseball: Mathieu, FPU cruise in NCAAs - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU rolls in NCAA opener - 0
- College Baseball: DWC stays alive in NCAAs - 0
- Penmen set sights on return to NCAA Div. II World Series - 0
- Daniel Webster nine loses NCAA test - 0
- NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today - 0
- Franklin Pierce University plays in regional opener; SNHU has night game - 0
- College Baseball: KSC nine ousted - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 2
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 2
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 1
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 1
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Moving Wall in Haverhill asks us to remember